By using the That’sRight app or participating in any game hosted by That’sRight, you agree to abide by and be bound by the rules, terms, conditions, and provisions provided below.
That’sRight is a free app that does not require any purchase or payment to participate.
Participants must be 17 years of age or older at the time of registration.
Employees are not eligible to win any prize.
THE GAME IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS WOULD BE REQUIRED BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET, OR WHERE THE METHODS OF ENTRY SET FORTH BELOW WOULD BE DEEMED CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS APPLY.
Participants from outside the United States are responsible to comply with their own country laws. If the laws from your country prevent you from receiving a prize, you may participate and win the game but not receive the prize.
To participate in the game:
- The participant must download the app via the iOS store and register an account.
- If the participant already has an account, the participant will just sign in to play.
- The participant just clicks on the “Play” button to access the game.
- Participants can join the game from the moment they receive a push notification on their devices until sixty seconds after the game starts.
- Once the participant agrees to participate in the game, the participant agrees to the privacy terms. The information obtained by the application and from the participant becomes property of the game.
- There will be two games played simultaneously:
- a. One game will be among the participants who answer all questions correctly. At the end of the game, a prize will be divided among the participants who answered all the questions correctly.
- b. At the same time, all participants receive tickets (one ticket once they sign in and additional tickets based upon correct answers and the difficulty of the questions answered correctly), which will give them a chance to win at the drawing at the end of the game.
- No participants will ever be eliminated from both games, so everyone always has a chance to win at least one prize at the end of the game.
- Participants will have 10 seconds or less to answer each question.
- Different questions may have different ticket value. Thus, one question may be worth one ticket while other questions may be worth two or three tickets, or even more. The number of tickets to be awarded for each question rests solely within the game’s administrators.
- Only humans are allowed to play the game. If ThatsRight suspects that any bot or script activity has been used to automatically join and/or play the game, the suspected accounts will be immediately deleted. The determination of which accounts are deleted on this basis rests solely within the discretion of the game’s administrators and the participant waives any rights or claims against ThatsRight and its representatives for any wrongful suspension or deletion of a suspected account. ThatsRight can refuse payment if any such activity is detected and/or suspected.
- Winners will receive cash prizes or any other type of prize. One prize will be based upon the player answering all of the game’s questions correctly. If several participants answer all questions correctly then the prize will be split amongst the players who answered all questions correctly. A second prize will be awarded based upon a drawing. For the drawing prize, there will only be one winner per drawing. Prizes won will appear on the participant’s account inside the app.
- Cash prizes will be subject to the terms, conditions, and privacty policies of PayPal, located at https://www.paypal.com.
- If the winner is not eligible, not able, or simply does not claim the prize within a reasonable amount of time, That’sRight reserves the right to not award the prize at all.
- The prize is not transferrable and may not be assigned to another participant.
- The winners of the prizes are responsible and liable for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the prizes.
- The winners have 60 days, from the day they win a prize to cash out or claim their prize(s). Otherwise, That’sRight reserves the right not to award the prize(s) at all.
- Participants agree to conform to all country (international participants), federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- If required by That’sRight, the winner will complete tax forms in order to receive the prize. In some cases, That’sRight will require proof of identity, address, and birthdate in order to award the prize. Name of the player and zip code must match W9 form and PayPal account information; otherwise, That’sRight reserves the right to refuse payment.
- By accepting the prize, the winner gives permission to That’sRight to use their name, voice, likeness, statements, profile picture, and testimonial in all media in perpetuity as That’sRight deems appropriate for promotional purposes without any compensation whatsoever.
- That’sRight may also share the personal information from the winner with third parties.
- The winner, by accepting the prize, relinquishes any rights they may have to examine or approve any of the promotional materials derived from the use of their likenes, which includes, but is not limited to, name, picture, likeness, profile picture, personal information, voice, testimonial, and address.
- That’sRight may disqualify any participant suspected of not complying with any rules of the game. The decision to disqualify a participant rests soley within the discretion of That’sRight and the game’s administrators. That’sRight may disqualify a player who has negatively affected the experience of other players, whether within the game or in That’sRight social media outlets.
- That’sRight shall not be liable for any electronic, data, internet or communications failures, software or hardware errors, network connection errors or delayed transmissions which may affect the participants ability to participate in the game.
- That’sRight shall not be liable for any returned notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner in connection with an entry.
- That’s Right shall not be liable for any warranty related to the prizes. The game and prizes are provided “as is” and That’sRight does not make any warranties of any kind with regards to the game. ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILTY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY WAIVED.
RELEASE, WAIVER & INDEMNITY
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE HEREIN OR OTHERWISE, THAT’SRIGHT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT OR UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR (A) ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, GENERAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, GOODWILL, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS) (B) AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF THE PRIZE FOR THE APPLICABLE GAME, (C) DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, AND/OR (D) ANY MATTER BEYOND SUCH PARTIES’ REASONABLE CONTROL.
By entering the game, you agree to and hereby do release and hold harmless That’sRight, its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from any damage, injury, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability (collectively, “Claims”) that may arise from your acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize or your participation in this game, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, regardless of whether such claims, or knowledge of the facts constituting such claims, exist at the time of entry or arise at any time thereafter, and indemnify each of the Released Parties from any damages arising therefrom.
Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this game may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That’sRight reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these rules in any way and at any time. That’sRight reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this game should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, or proper operation of the game. In the event of cancellation or suspension, That’sRight shall promptly post a notice on the app to such effect.
CHOICE OF LAW
This game shall be governed by Louisiana law, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. By participating in this game, you agree that any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this game shall be determined by binding arbitration only in Monroe, LA, by and under the American Arbitration Association’s rules for arbitration of consumer-related disputes, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, That’sRight may seek equitable relief in any court of competent jurisdiction. If any provision of these rules is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these rules otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.